Sunday, November 4, 2007

One problem comes rarely alone

i had problems with my backwheel in the last weeks. many spokes cracked. i looked in erzurum for a new backwheel - but no chance to find one.

i took a bus back to ürgüp (cappadocia). Sezgin and Murat helped me organising a new wheel. we ordered one from ankara.


Sezgin, thanks for overnighting at your house and everything else!
Murat, thanks for ordering the wheel and the delicious food at your restaurant!

Sezgin showed me his workplace. he works for a carpet company, where he does tours and sells carpets to tourists.

i havent seen so beautiful carpets before. unfortunately my budget is to small to buy one...


eventually i went to ankara to the delta bikeshop (http://www.deltabisiklet.com/). they could see what exactly i needed for my bike. after they fixed everything i took a bus back to erzurum. finally they had to change more parts than i thought at first.

thanks for the good work!
hey Lio! they even had dt swiss spokes!

the bike is now ok, but the driver not...i have tooth pain and went to the hospital yesterday. one wisdom tooth has to be taken out. they will do that next friday after i have taken medicaments for 5 days...please cross your fingers for me...


hey Tinu! i just added two photo albums...have a look...i know you have been waiting a long time.

3 comments:

Hedgie said...

*crossing fingers*

I read your entries with great intrests. Hope you're doing fine and I have to admit that i'm really jealous. Like a wise man once said: I gieng hüt no, uf u dervo!

kanielii said...

everyting is ok, except that im a bit nervous because of next friday...dentists are not my best friends ;-)

p.s. i even have some goelae songs on my mp3-player

mike said...

Yeah don't worry, can't be too bad on Friday.. Soon, it'll be over and you'll be traveling further.

I've even heard from a Canadian friend about Goelae. He used to visit Switzerland at the time Goelae was ae national hero :-).

Keep enjoying your trip and stay tuned.

Cheers,
Mike