Saturday, November 10, 2007

Erzurum...

...the coldest city in turkey. Even though turkey is pretty in the south, it snowed already in erzurum. It is so cold here because erzurum is 2000 meter over sea level.

A hot cay (tea) helps me warm me up. People in this region dont put sugar in the cay. But it dosnt mean that they dont use sugar. They take a cube of sugar in their mouth and drink the cay. The sugar they have is harder than normal one.

I met Murat and Ümit who showed me erzurum. We went to their university and i joined them to go to english class. We learned the continues form ;-)



After horrible 2 minutes the wisdom tooth was out and i was happy that it was over...can you guess how much i had to pay? Only 20 euro!

3 comments:

Flasher said...

Hey Daniel

I'm happy to hear that everything went fine and hopefully your toothpain is now over!

Brrr... locks really cold up there.
But at least you will be soon in warmer area and we keep freezing!
Because here in good old Zürich it's also *&#!@*ç-Cold and its rain-snowing...!! BRRRR...

I see you have really no problem at all to meet new people, that's really cool! Hehe, you even joined a class! (with a nice teacher! ;)

Well, I wish you a nice stay in Erzurum...
and a good ride to Iran!

Cheers, Flasher

kanielii said...

Hey Tinu!

The pain is fortunatelly almost over.

If we dont have a big snowfall this night i will cycle on tomorrow. the weather forcast looks good.

Today is english class again...have to do my homework now ;-)

See you
Daniel

Anonymous said...

Hey Daniel, good to know you are well. Met your parents last weekend our exhibition. It was nice talking and of course I got all the news before I read your blog tonight. I was very busy doing pottery for the exhibition with a Koppiger Drechsler. But it went well - we had many visitors and I sold quite a lot of vases and other flower containers. Even your brother was a customer but not present - your mother had to make the decision....
The places you are at the moment look rather cold. Winter came here as well and there is really a lot of snow in the mountains. In some places they start skiing season this coming weekend. Our Burma trip is still planned and we hope we can go. Right now it looks alright.
Take care and have a good ride.
Christine