Thursday, November 15, 2007

goodbye erzurum

I couldnt just drive on after taking the wisdom tooth out. No sport for some days.
I stayed 2 more days in erzurum. On the last day was a rock concert. A friend's friend sang in a restaurant. She has a fantastic voice! The concert was marvelous.


Thanks for the great time in erzurum. I will miss all of you!

When i left erzurum the roads where covered with snow. It was not easy to drive...i fell down more than once, but the ground was soft ;-)

It is not possible to overnight in the tent anymore - too cold. Hotels are only in the bigger cities. So i overnight often in ögretmen evi (teacher house).


Teachers and the schoolmanager playing their favorite game (in eleskirt).


A teacher invited me to go to high school in eleskirt. The students asked me many, many questions...about my journey, me, switzerland, religion and so on. Finally i went to 6 different classes and was in the evening almost more exhausted than after a cycling day ;-). But i had a lot of fun!

3 comments:

kanielii said...

Hey Christine, thanks for the news from switzerland. Hope you can go to burma and have a great trip.

Greetings from turkey, Daniel

Anonymous said...

Hey Daniel, these snowcovered roads look terrible, definitely nothing for me. Are you going to get into warmer regions again - I wonder?
You seem to feel well in Turkey and people welcome you everywhere. Do you speak the language yet? You meet a lot of great people and meeting people is, what I love most about travelling. I kept in touch with some people I met travelling 30 years ago. I think travelling is such an enrichment! Enjoy it on and on again and take care! Greetings from the Bernese Oberland christine

P.S. I am going to loose a tooth on Monday too :-(

kanielii said...

hey Christine, here it is not as cold as in turkey anymore, fortunately! and in the south part of iran it will be warm.
i learned some turkish words and i still can use them. people in this part of iran speak farsi and turkish.

good luck for taking out the tooth...

best regards, daniel