Saturday, October 13, 2007

alacabel, bayram and cay

the way from side to konya is fantastic to drive! after cycling 2 days up hill i reached finally the alacabel-pass on 1825 meters.


i didn’t pass many villages on the way, but many markets. they sell honey, apples and other fruits. the mark-keepers are very friendly...i often got water and was invited to eat fish and bread, of course with cay (tea).

turkish people drink a lot of tea. for breakfast, lunch and dinner. they drink it always in special glasses.

this weekend is special for muslim people. they celebrate bayram (like christmas). it is always after the 4 weeks ramadan. In this part of turkey it is no problem to eat and drink during the day while ramadan is, fortunatelly ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?
I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding one?

Thanks a lot!
my site - myhuasai.com